We are open and seeing patients in both offices.
Please see below enhanced visit information during the pandemic crisis. For your safety as well as our staffs MASKS OR FACE COVERING ARE REQUIRED. Please see below.
1. We will limit the number of patients per day to allow for better social distancing.
2. We will continue to promote telemedicine appointments as appropriate to allow more availability for in-office appointments .
3. Patients are required to wear facial covering or a mask (cloth or surgical) in our building or they will not be allowed to enter. (If you don’t have access to a mask at home, there are instructions on making one on the CDC website.) Masks are to remain on the entire time you are in the office unless our staff specifically asks you to temporarily remove your mask. Unfortunately, due to the shortage of masks and other personal protective equipment, we are unable to supply masks for patients.
4. In keeping with social distancing, our waiting area will be open to patients only. You will not be allowed to have any extra people with you in the building (unless an elderly patient needs a caregiver, or a pediatric patient is with a parent). Spouses, children and siblings will not be allowed in the building. Should the waiting room area approach capacity, patients will be asked to wait in their vehicle until their appointment time.
5. If you prefer you may wait in your car and call us to let us know you have arrived. You will be directed into a private treatment room when available.
We thank you for your understanding and patience during this difficult time for all.